You guys, Nocturnal Wonderland is returning to my favorite location this year,Glen Helen Regional Park for some camping, dancing and dressing up! The festival takes place over the weekend ofSeptember 14-15 in San Bernardino, CA and I can’t wait. I’ve had some really amazing experiences at Nocturnal, and I am so stoked to see what this year has in store.
Remember, your camping pass is for up to 5 people, who all need to have wristbands to the event. Wristbands for the camping are handed out upon arrival. There were a few more options for camping this year: Lakeside (which offers closer access to the festival, dedicated restrooms, and mostly shaded spaces) or regular GA tent camping. There’s of course also RV camping and Car Camping. Nocturnal for me is close enough to the parking area that I don’t mind just doing regular camping, though the Lakeside this year sounds really nice and I’m excited to hear how people liked it!
To get everyone who is camping stoked on their time there, I’ve collected all of the awesome camping activities offered this year! There’s so much more than just sleeping there, so I want to make sure you have it all read beforehand so you don’t miss a thing!
- Thursday night there’s a not-so-silentCamping Pre-Party
- Every night once the festival closes there’s an awesomeSilent Disco, usually 3 DJs performing and lots of space to dance
- Friday and Saturday afternoons there’sOpen Deck opportunities! Anyone with a camping wristband can bring a USB with enough original content to play a 30-minute set! The first 8 people to sign up each day will get a slot, and sign-ups begin each day at the Silent Disco area at 11:30 am.
- Yoga to recenter yourself and stretch before all that dancing
- Arts & Crafts because this is like summer camp and we’re here to have a good time
- STARGAZINGyes that’s in all caps because THAT IS JUST HOW EXCITED I AM to read that there are expert guides to take us through a curated view of the sky at Nocturnal!!
- There, of course, is theWater Park to cool you down during the day from 10am - 5pm with a wading pool and some awesome slides. A great place to scout for a rave bae.
As we get closer to Nocturnal, I’m also freaking out about the amazing lineup I’m about to see. It’s always hard for me to pick just one day of a festival because there are so many awesome artists. This year I’m excited for Flux Pavilion, Nora En Pure, Jai Wolf and Netsky on Friday. Saturday my must-sees are Kill the Noise, NGHTMRE & Slander and Audien. I’m excited to be bouncing around from stage to stage, and I must emphasize that you should check out the small sponsored stages at Nocturnal. They always have some amazing secret sets of your favorite mainstage artists, as well as an awesome space to relax and discover new artists!
And if you’re still struggling for inspo on what to wear this year, be sure to check out my article with some Nocturnal Wonderland inspired looks that I styled with some of my favorite items from iHeartRaves! Who knows, if you’re wearing one of the items from iHR I might just snap your photo for my fashion recap! Check back in after the festival to read my fashion recap on Studio 240.