It’s time to assemble your wolf pack and make your way to the festival under the full moon! Nocturnal Wonderland returns for its 24th year and final appearance at Glen Helen Regional Park September 14th and 15th. There’s a reason why this is the longest-running rave in America, and one of the best ways to experience it is by camping.
The camping festivities begin a day before the festival on Friday, September 13th. Whether you’re a camping connoisseur or a Nocturnal newbie, you’re not going to want to forget any camping essentials when packing. These camping tips and packing checklist will ensure you have everything you need to make the most during your adventure in Wonderland.
NOCTURNAL FESTIVAL ESSENTIALS:
- Camping Pass and Additional Car Pass (Both just as important as the festival ticket!)
- Portable Charger and Charging Cable (Fully charged)
- Fanny Pack or Hydration Pack
- Valid 18+ ID, Card, and Cash
- Totems (learn how to make your own rave totem)
- Flow Toys (Excluding LED gloves)
- Unopened essentials (Gum, chapstick, deodorant, sunscreen, etc.)
- Pegs and Mallet
- Sleeping Bags and/or Blow-up Mattress with Air Pump
- Pillows and Blankets (Bring extra—it does get chilly!)
- Camping Chairs
- Canopy (Not mandatory but your future self will thank you for the added shade)
- Bug Spray (Especially for you Waterfront and Lakeside Camping people)
- Earplugs and Mask Bandanas
- Yoga Mat (Great for extra sleep cushioning and Rise & Energize Yoga)
- Tapestries, LED Lights, and anything else to express your camp’s uniqueness!
CLOTHES AND ACCESSORIES
- Rave Fits (iHeartRaves will keep you groovin’ and glowin’ with these Nocturnal Wonderland Outfits)
- Campground Lounge Clothes
- Extra Underwear
- Extra Socks
- Swim Suit (One word: waterslides)
- Shower Shoes
- Face Gems and Glitter (Extra points to you if you bring biodegradable glitter!)
- Sunglasses (2 pairs in case you lose one)
- WATER WATER WATER
- Alcohol (If you’re 21+)
- Non-perishable food
- Paper Towels
- Trash Bags and Brown Bags (For recycling)
- Dish Soap
- Eco-friendly Cutlery and Dishes
- Propane Stove
- Shampoo, Conditioner, and Soap
- Makeup Remover
- Disinfectant Wipes
- Toothbrush and Toothpaste
- Contact Solution
- Tampons and Pads
- Toilet Paper
- Hand Sanitizer
- Hair Ties
- UV Paint/Makeup (It is Nocturnal, after all)
Camping Tip #1: Keep Your Campsite Fun, Functional, and Unique
Part of the camping festivities is decorating your site to not only reflect the style of your squad, but also make it easier to find when returning at night! Make sure you don’t bring along any precious items that would be devastating to lose. Anything you forgot to bring can most likely be found at the general store!
Camping TIp #2: Make Friends with Everyone
This includes your campsite neighbors and the staff. Spread the good vibes and respectful nature to everyone in the campground. It’s much more enjoyable when you have friendly faces see when you wake up in the morning and right before you crash at night.
Camping Tip #3: Enjoy the Experience
This is Nocturnal’s last year at Glen Helen Regional Park! Make the most of your time and say a proper goodbye to this incredible venue. Make sure you checkout:
- The Waterpark. Keep yourself cool and relaxed during the heat of the day by taking a dip in the pool or shooting down the waterslides. The water park will be open from 10am–5pm on Saturday & Sunday.
- Yoga sessions. Stretch out your sore muscles and rejuvenate your body with one of the yoga sessions Nocturnal has planned. This year the campground is hosting Rise & Energize Yoga, Intro to Budokon Yoga, Chakra Balancing, and Awake & Align Yoga.
- Arts & Crafts. Forgot your kandi or want to make new camping cuffs? Attend one of the kandi workshops, art studio classes, or arts & crafts events to express your festival creativity.
- Silent Discos. Just because the festival ends at midnight this year doesn’t mean you have to stop partying. Keep the good vibes goin’ at the two silent discos Nocturnal has lined up, Sleepless Safari and Racoon Lagoon. Both discos will be open from 12am-6am Saturday & 12am-3am Sunday.
- Friday Full Moon Pre-Party. Looks like this Friday the 13th is your lucky day. Kickstart the Nocturnal festivities by dancing under the light of the full moon at the Parliament Art Car. This year’s Pre-Party setlist has already dropped (check Nocturnal’s IG) and features amazing artists like Champagne Drip, Dr. Fresch, and SAYMYNAME. The beats will be bumping until midnight and then the party will convert into a silent disco until 2:30am.
Start prepping your camping essentials and mentally prepare yourself to say thank you and goodbye to Glen Helen! Keep in mind the general rules and objects allowed and not allowed into the campground. Can’t wait to groove with you all under the full moon!