Hello, fellow dino travelers! This is for you who needs a little help packing for Lost Lands! I am a frequent traveler, a devoted rave mom to my group and since this will be my second Lost Lands, I figured I could give you a little insight on how to pack! Traveling to a show is like that pump up song you put on before walking into an event to get you ready for the night. So double check your dinos and let's get packing!
First thing is will you be driving or flying?! That will determine how much you can bring! I am coming from the west coast so I will be flying like I did last year. I only get a 2 bag/50lb limit but that is all I need since I won’t be camping. Driving gives you a lot more room to bring extras and “in case of emergency” things which I love to have! Also, you can headbang your way road tripping with friends and not having to deal with the airport hassles! I normally drive to events for those reasons! Driving also gives you a chance to bring your own car instead of getting a rental car. Flying is great because you get there faster (in most cases), you have to condense so you won’t bring as many extras, and you don’t have to drag all your gear through parking lots or mud to your campsite (Tomorrowworld 2015, was rough).
Cavewoman Tip #1: Research all rental car companies at the airport before selecting one. You can compare prices and double check how much the young driver fee is (25 and under)! I always have a list to see what the best deal is. Always check airlines too! Southwest is normally always the cheapest airline. PRINT CONFIRMATIONS OF EVERYTHING. Sometimes your phone is dead or no service, don’t get stuck without a car cause they can’t find your reservation.
Now you should know if you are driving or flying to know how much you can bring! I categorize my things into piles, “Don’t Forget”, you can’t forget these at all. “Just In Case” backup items should something happen. “Extras”, little things you should always have double of and the things your mom always tells you to bring on trips.
- Tickets & confirmations for hotel/rental car (Screenshots and Printed)
- Phone charger
- Portable charger
- DEODORANT PLEASE
- Hydration Pack
Nice to Haves:
- Backup outfits - should something rip you have a backup to change into
- A Festival Flag - to find your campground
- Travel shampoo and conditioner - your hotel might not provide them or your friend might forget to pack theirs.
- Backup shoes - yours could break and you should NOT go full caveman for three days, that isn’t fair to your feet.
- Sunblock, because it is sunny and hot during the day.
- CASH - you never know when your card might not work.
- A Towel/Blanket- campers always pack one extra cause you never know if you need it, something could spill or it could become extra cold at night
- A Tarp, campers if it rains this can save your tent from soaking in water!
- Lastly, a roll of toilet paper. I always have one in my bag at a festival. You never know if the port-o-potty will have it. LL last year was really good about cleaning them up but just in case!
Cavewoman Tip #2: IN CASE YOU FORGOT SOMETHING IMPORTANT! The closest Walmart is about 9 miles away from Legend Valley maybe 20 minutes down the road. There is UBER and LYFT available but last year it was hard to use the apps because there weren’t many drivers. Hopefully this year there will be more. Don’t forget you can carpool with other ravers who might need a store run for cheaper rides!
The weather is supposed to be nicer than last year but it can change in a heartbeat. Last year I wrote about how to prepare for your first Lost Landsin Legend Valley, but just be ready for any weather!!
Cavewoman Tip #3: When packing, roll your clothes. It helps saves space for more things. Put your socks into your shoes. Use kandi to wrap things tighter. Also, bring a JACKET the weather can change in a heartbeat!
Headbangers the best is yet to come with Lost Lands around the corner! PLEASE be safe when traveling and remember there are plenty of ravers traveling at the same time you are. If you need help or anything, don't be afraid to ask.
Can’t wait to see you there!!!