HiJinx is quickly approaching! I know I’m not alone in my excitement as I look forward to what will be an incredible final weekend of not only the year, but of the decade! By now, hopefully you and your squad have at least *most* of your plans locked down, but if not, don’t panic (yet!) There are still options.
Photo courtesy of Hjinx Facebook
HiJinx went the extra mile to offer ticket and hotel packages. Unfortunately, those combo packages are all sold out already, but if you’re still in need of a room, those hotels are still an option paid separately.
Three Hotels Close By to Hijinx
1. Home2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia: This hotel is within walking distance to the Philadelphia Convention Center. At this hotel, every stay includes: free hot breakfast, free wifi, non-smoking rooms, fitness center, indoor pool, business center, pet friendly rooms, digital key, and an on-site restaurant.
2. Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City-Convention Center: This hotel is within walking distance to the Philadelphia Convention Center. At this hotel, every stay includes: free hot breakfast, free wifi, non-smoking rooms, fitness center, business center, digital key, concierge, meeting rooms.
3. Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City: This hotel is within walking distance to the Philadelphia Convention Center. At this hotel, every stay includes: non-smoking rooms, on-site restaurants, indoor pool, fitness center, business center, digital key, resort, room service, meeting rooms.
What To Do While You’re There
While you’re not headbanging, dancing, and overall vibing out to all the sets HiJinx has to offer, you can explore some of the beautiful city of Philadelphia. Whether you’re a foodie, into history, or art, there’s something for everyone to enjoy!
1. For the foodies: An authentic Philly Cheesesteak :) There’s no shortage of spots to grab a Philly Cheesesteak while actually in Philly! A few places to consider are Tony Lukes, Geno’s Steaks, Sonny’s Famous Steaks, and/or John’s Roast Pork. Eat up and ENJOY!
2. For the history buffs: You can see the Liberty Bell, tour Independence Hall (the birth-place of the United States) or visit the Founding Fathers at the National Constitution, the only museum dedicated to the US Constitution!
3. For the art lovers: Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens is absolutely breathtaking! I’ve been there once before and I highly recommend going to explore their mosaic galleries. Some other museums include The Fabric Workshop and Museum, Philadelphia Museum of Art, and Woodmere Art Museum.
If you’re expanding your trip to Philadelphia beyond HiJinx alone, I hope any of the places above peak your interest and you can add to Philly memories. One thing I find to be so incredibly rewarding about music events is the willingness we all have to travel to them. Sometimes they’re to city’s/states we’re familiar with and sometimes they’re places we’ve never been! I think when you’re traveling somewhere, especially new, it makes it a bit more worthwhile to also explore and get to soak in as much as possible. If you’re only going for HiJinx, that’s fine too! For more details about Hjinx check out this blog article!
I hope to see you on the dance floor!