With each day getting slightly longer and the weather beginning to warm up, I can feel the excitement of Beyond Wonderland 2018 quickly approaching, especially here at iHeartRaves headquarters.
Held at the NOS Events Center in San Bernadino, California, Beyond Wonderland is annual spring festival hosted by Insomniac Events. Many attendees (like myself) look forward to kicking off festival season at this Alice-in-wonderland themed event.
Here are five things I’m looking forward to most about Beyond Wonderland:
1. The Music (duh!) - I was so stoked to see the Beyond Wonderland 2018 lineup come out and I’m looking forward to several acts. This lineup is extremely diverse and is sure to keep everybody in your squad happy. Personally, I’m extra excited to see Seven Lions (for the first time, yay!) and Valentino Khan!
2. Attending with Team iHeartRaves - This will be my first festival with the team and I’m looking forward to attending and spreading good vibes with these lovely ladies! I’ve also been practicing my Fiber Optic Whip skills, so keep an eye out for us "whipper-snappers" on Snapchat.
3. Our New Line! Here at iHeartRaves’ Headquarters, our team has been hard at work creating a new line of clothes for festival season. Our latest collection of Beyond Wonderland Outfits hosts wildly unique festival essentials in all different colors and styles. We had a blast shooting these and couldn't wait to share this collection with everybody. I also highly recommend checking out our new pasties and new hosiery!
4. The Theme - Last year Beyond Wonderland took a brief hiatus from the Alice and Wonderland theme and went with an "Under the Sea" theme. I thought this was cool, but I absolutely LOVE anything Alice related. From my Halloween costumes as a kid (and adult) to reading the book, watching the movies, and loving the ride at Disneyland, I can safely say my appreciation for Wonderland Culture runs deep. Needless to say, I was excited to see the theme revealed this year.
Photo Credit: Insomniac Events
5. The Weather - I don't know why, but I just love the idea of kicking off my festival season at an outdoor event. Having fostered my raving career for the last six years in the PNW, SoCal Raves are particularly glorious to me. During the majority of the year in Southern California (March in particular), you can run around in shorts without freezing your rave booty off (literally). This is something completely unheard of to me and I’m looking forward to enjoying the sunshine in shorts and a crop top.
Don’t want to miss out on the magic? Tickets to Beyond Wonderland can be purchased here. See you guys in March!
Halloween is fast approaching, and we all know the best part of this holiday is choosing the ultimate costumes! As ravers, we are no strangers to dressing up, and Halloween is an awesome time to show off our style skills. There are so many directions you can go in when deciding what to be for Halloween, so we’re giving you some suggestions to make your decision a little easier.
Out Of This World
Extraterrestrial themes are huge in the rave world, and Halloween is the best excuse to dress up as a sexy alien or a house-loving astronaut. There are also a ton of opportunities for couples and group costumes that fit this theme! Build an alien squad with your friends in the Cosmic Chaos Alien Costume and the Solstice Kiss Holo Set, or explore the unknown in matching astronaut suits. Add some glitter, and you will surely have an out-of-this-world Halloween experience!
Embrace Your Wild Side
Feeling wild this spooky season? Cowgirl costumes are super cute and perfect for any Halloween event. Embrace your wild side and let loose with a cowboy hat and your best chaps, or make it glam!
Certain costumes will never go out of style. Classic costumes come back every year because they are timeless. If you’re feeling scary this Halloween, try a holographic skeleton or a seductive devil costume. If you’re going for a flirtier vibe, you can never go wrong with the Team Techno Cheerleader outfit. This fit is a fun take on the basic cheerleader costume! You can make any of the classics your own with glitter, accessories, and other modern twists.
Have a legendary Halloween dressed as your favorite mythical creature! Fairies, elves and unicorns are not only charming characters, but they are also very trendy right now. These Fractal Fantasy Fairy Wings will transform any outfit into an enchanting fairy ensemble. You could also pair this Rainbow Unicorn Costume with some sparkly fishnets for a dazzling festival look!
Ravers love to dress up year-round. But if there's one thing that we don't get to do often, it's bring the spooky vibes with scary costumes around Halloween! This time of year is the perfect time to show off your spooky side, with costumes that are gory, creepy, or all around terrifying.
No matter what you decide to be this year, you can’t go wrong. As long as you’re feeling like your best self, you’re going to slay this Halloween!