As a big bass head and long-time dubstep lover I was so excited to be able to finally attended the Deadbeats tour when it came to Arizona. I had originally planned on attending the Deadbeats tour back in 2020, but like many events last year this one was rescheduled. I was feeling blessed that the world is finally getting back to normal and I could get all dressed up in iHeartRaves to headbang with my best babes. We made the short drive to the event that was held at the most popular AZ venue, Rawhide event center. It’s is located in Chandler, AZ and is a true favorite venue amongst the locals because of its size and that it's easily accessible from all parts of town.
The event itself offered so many things, but here are five things that I think sets Deadbeats apart from other raves and festivals that I've been to:
- A bass lineup like no other! The headliners of for this event included Zeds Dead, Subtronics, Rusko, Dirt Monkey, Lick, and Level Up. Along with a few supporting acts, made for the perfect variety of heavy dubstep to more melodic bass beats. Any bass fan knows Deadbeats is where it's at.
- The newly designed stage setup is an incredible level-up from anything that we have seen at any AZ event and gives a sneak peek at what’s in store for future events. The Deadbeats production did a great job at making this new stage set up feel unique and brought great visuals to go with it. I think this is really important these days because at this point ravers have seen a lot of stages and a lot of light shows, so it takes a lot to wow veteran ravers like myself and Deadbeats always does a good job with that.
- Headbangers galore and good vibes. At first glance, you might assume that a group of ravers dressed up in all black outfits featuring carefully ripped fishnets, large chain accessories, and ready to break their necks to some of the most aggressive music in the industry could be not the friendliest crowd of people to end up with. From my own personal experience, I would reassure you that these tend to be the nicest people to be around. Throughout the night so many people generously fanned us as we walked by or kindly offered me a seat on their pashmina to avoid having me sit directly on the grass.
- FESTIVAL FASHION! As a lover of all things festival and fashion, one thing that I appreciate most about bass focused events is that this type of show gives me the opportunity to tap into my inner “bad ass babe” and break out some of my accessories that even my friends might be surprised are hiding in my festival drawer. From studded belts and layering chains, how could not feel like you are
- Finally, a big thank you to the Relentless Rangers, a group of individuals that are friendly ravers that volunteer to help keep festival-goers safe and are always so friendly. An outside event in the middle of July here in the Arizona desert can be tough on even the locals who are used to the heat, so having passionate ravers who are trained and able to help keep everyone safe is always incredibly important and much appreciated to those all around.
Overall the vibes at Deadbeats are unmatched and the event is worth going to in any city because the production team always brings its A-game to every stop on the tour. I personally think there is something to love about every genre of dance music, and bass music is one of the most fun genres to dance to with crowds that are always full of the nicest people.
Dead Beats is currently on tour and visiting many US cities including a stop in Canada, so if have the chance to make this show when it comes to a town near you I would absolutely suggest not missing this event! It was an incredible experience and a great way to kick off the 2021 festival season.
Halloween is fast approaching, and we all know the best part of this holiday is choosing the ultimate costumes! As ravers, we are no strangers to dressing up, and Halloween is an awesome time to show off our style skills. There are so many directions you can go in when deciding what to be for Halloween, so we’re giving you some suggestions to make your decision a little easier.
Out Of This World
Extraterrestrial themes are huge in the rave world, and Halloween is the best excuse to dress up as a sexy alien or a house-loving astronaut. There are also a ton of opportunities for couples and group costumes that fit this theme! Build an alien squad with your friends in the Cosmic Chaos Alien Costume and the Solstice Kiss Holo Set, or explore the unknown in matching astronaut suits. Add some glitter, and you will surely have an out-of-this-world Halloween experience!
Embrace Your Wild Side
Feeling wild this spooky season? Cowgirl costumes are super cute and perfect for any Halloween event. Embrace your wild side and let loose with a cowboy hat and your best chaps, or make it glam!
Certain costumes will never go out of style. Classic costumes come back every year because they are timeless. If you’re feeling scary this Halloween, try a holographic skeleton or a seductive devil costume. If you’re going for a flirtier vibe, you can never go wrong with the Team Techno Cheerleader outfit. This fit is a fun take on the basic cheerleader costume! You can make any of the classics your own with glitter, accessories, and other modern twists.
Have a legendary Halloween dressed as your favorite mythical creature! Fairies, elves and unicorns are not only charming characters, but they are also very trendy right now. These Fractal Fantasy Fairy Wings will transform any outfit into an enchanting fairy ensemble. You could also pair this Rainbow Unicorn Costume with some sparkly fishnets for a dazzling festival look!
Ravers love to dress up year-round. But if there's one thing that we don't get to do often, it's bring the spooky vibes with scary costumes around Halloween! This time of year is the perfect time to show off your spooky side, with costumes that are gory, creepy, or all around terrifying.
No matter what you decide to be this year, you can’t go wrong. As long as you’re feeling like your best self, you’re going to slay this Halloween!